Conquering Korean Corn Cheese: One Cheesy Adventure in My Kitchen!

 

Let's get cheesy with Corn


Hey there!

It's me, Lu, obvi!


So, this weekend, I attempted something my mom never thought I'd do. Heck, I didn't even think I'd do it myself. Yep, I'm talking about cooking. And not just any cooking; it's Pinterest cooking, so give me some props, people. I reserve Saturdays for this adventure, 'cause the rest of the week is packed with other stuff. So, Saturday is my “Treat Yourself” day, where I indulge in all my favorite things that make me happy. In other words, it's my "She's spoiled" day. It’s official, and there's no change.

I guess I am getting off track here.

Back to the story, it was Pinterest cooking day, and I stumbled upon this fascinating dish called Korean Corn Cheese. When I say I'm a newbie, I'm dead serious. The only things I've ever really made for myself are coffee and tea. I know it’s not a proud thing to say, but cut me some slack on this corn cheese; I'm trying here!

So, off I went to the supermarket in town and went through the ingredients one by one. Well, the main dish was, obvi, corn. And guess what? It was out of stock.

Yeah…

I went to the other, and the corn was a no-show. Seriously, folks, why the corn craze? I had butter, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, pepper powder, oregano, and sugar, but no corn. It's kind of like a tragedy, isn't it? No, you tell me. Am I being dramatic? Yeah, I think I am. So let's go back to corn hunting again. Then, I noticed a lonely box of macaroni on the shelf, looking all sad and forgotten. That's when I thought, "Screw corn, you're coming home with me, macaroni!" Because macaroni deserves love too. So I did, all for the sake of sparing macaroni's feelings. 

I simply substituted this out-of-stock corn for macaroni and embarked on a ten-minute adventure to whip up this Korean macaroni bathed in delightful sweet cheese sauce. 

Well, I gotta say it was not as bad as I expected. I won't say it was amazing, but it definitely wasn't terrible. Let's call it an "average" dish for now. Maybe I should give it another shot with corn on my next Pinterest cooking day before I pass the final judgment. I don’t know, what do you think? 😉

0 $type={blogger}